January 31st @ 7:00pm
Essex Elementary School Cafeteria
Public Hearing on the FY18 Budget
Presentation of the FY18 Budget followed by public input. This is an opportunity for the community to learn, ask questions, and provide feedback about our proposed budget for FY18.
Manchester Essex Regional School District (MERSD) is committed to a collaborative approach to budget planning. Throughout each budget season, we work cooperatively with the Boards of Selectman and Finance in both Essex and Manchester meeting regularly to provide on-going progress reports on our planning process and mulit-year outlook. It is important to keep in mind that the ultimate goal of our budget is to support our school and district goals.
School Committee Goals 2016-2017
- Target resources to support the social/emotional needs of students and foster creativity and innovation across the District.
- Support the implementation of programs that enhance our organization’s cultural proficiency and promote respect and appreciation for individual and cultural differences.
- Continue to focus on strengthening the Middle School as a separate entity and addressing its large class sizes.
- Develop and deliver a fiscally responsible budget that maintains educational quality, supports District goals, and aligns with our multi-year budget commitment to work within the confines of Proposition 2 ½.
- Begin Feasibility Study module of the MSBA process for the Memorial Building project and develop a capital plan to maintain Essex Elementary.
- Continue ongoing review of all District policies, updating existing policies and job descriptions where needed, and researching new recommendations.
Budget Goals for FY18
- Position MERSD for continual improvement of educational program and student achievement
- Manage Enrollment
- Strive to meet School Committee class size guidelines
- Serve increasingly diverse student educational needs
- Exercise fiscal responsibility
- Seek internal efficiencies to offset growth needs when possible
- Meet local, state and federal responsibilities while controlling growth
Please visit our Finance & Operations page for information about our budget process, a complete budget season calendar, and links to our strategic plan which outlines the work going on in the district.