• Manchester Town Meeting: October 15th
• Essex Town Meeting: October 16th
• Both towns at the ballot: November 6th
If the community supports the Memorial School Project, construction will begin in the summer of 2019 and end in the fall/winter of 2021, with students in their new classroom spaces by fall of 2020.
For more information, including drafted architectural designs for the proposed building, budget information and Memorial Project FAQs please visit the Memorial School Building page.
Essex Elementary Building Upgrades: With Memorial School in the pipeline for possible replacement, we have been investing in maintaining the Essex Elementary to ensure the building remains a healthy and safe high-quality learning facility of which we can be proud. Improvements have included the following:
• Fire Alarm Upgrade
• Grant Funded Energy Efficiency Building Systems Installation
• Technology Network Upgrade
• Courtyard Refurbishment
• Eagles Nest Refurbishment
• Locker Room to Classroom Conversion
• Large Scale Interior & Exterior Painting
We will continue to make strategic short-term investments in Essex Elementary School and advocate for the renovation or replacement of the building as part of our long-term capital plan.