Happy New Year! Here are a few documents that provide an overview of our progress on school and district goals and student achievement. If you haven’t been able to join us at meetings, it is good way to catch-up on what we have been doing as district.
- Secondary School Improvement Plan Updates & Outlooks
- Elementary School Improvement Plan Updates & Outlooks
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey Results
- Assessment Review
- District Improvement Plan 2016-2019
- FY18 Tentative Budget Presentation
In addition to hearing annual progress reports, the school committee operates on a three cycle of features and reviews.
- FY16 Year 1: District Program and Financial Reviews
- FY17 Year 2: Individual School Spotlights
- FY18 Year 3: Vertical Program Reviews
We are currently in year two of the cycle - School Spotlights. These are site based presentations at which principals provide a “state of union” for his/her building, highlighting the overall program, a day in the life of students, and the unique qualities of each school. I hope you’ll consider coming out to an upcoming School Committee meeting to learn more about our schools and K-12 program!
Essex Elementary Spotlight - Cape Ann TV
Memorial Spotlight - Cape Ann TV
Middle School Spotlight
High School Spotlight