MERSD A Blend of Innovation & Tradition
Did You Know?
- Boston Business Journal ranked MERSD 25th on its list of the Top Performing School Districts of 2013.
- MERMHS was one of only four schools in Massachusetts to receive the US Department of Education Green Ribbon Award.
- MERSD has been recognized as a Spotlight District by the Boston Museum of Science two years in a row for its innovation in elementary STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
- 10 MERHS high school students were chosen to compete at the highly selective Academy of Applied Science Regional Junior Science Symposium co-sponsored by the Departments of the Army, Navy and Air Force. 2 of the students will be moving on to the National Competition in Washington, DC.
- 56% of MERHS upperclassmen took 261 Advanced Placement examinations: 92% earned scores qualifying them for college credit.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts recognized MERSD as a Community Innovation Challenge Grant spotlight district for dyslexia programming which yielded a $685,000 cost savings to taxpayers.
- MERMHS Athletics has won three state championships this year: Girls Tennis, Sailing, and Girls Cross Country.
- MERHS students won first place in the state at World Quest Boston and will travel to Washington, DC to compete at the national level.
- Debate, DECA, Journalism, Art, Drama, and Music programs are annual award winners, locally and nationally.
- MERSD elementary schools were recognized by the U. S. Department of Agriculture with the bronze medal in the HealthierUS school challenge.
- MERSD offers 21st Century Learning Opportunities: Robotics, Authentic Science Research, Community Service, Green Scholars, SCORE, DECA - to name a few!